Monday, August 25, 2008

Once There Was a Snowman Quilt


I cut out and began appliqueing my snowman quilt while I watched the olympics. Click on the pictures to see detail better.  The squares really aren't crooked, I just had a hard time fitting it all in the picture.  I had to do some playing around with colors.  When I planned the quilt I forgot to plan the colors of the appliques (!) so it got tricky and I had to make some changes in my original plan.  The piece of blue fabric sitting on the green square is going to say "peace".  I think, if I can fit it on there.  There is also going to be a big snowman in the lower left corner. Suggestions for the border?  A two or three inch border then another smaller scalloped border?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like the idea of a scalloped border, but I think instead of two different borders I would do one large like 4/5" border that is scalloped. Anyway! Good to see what you've been up too! I hope you are doing well.

Take care!

A mom and her boys! said...

i am glad to see you quilting...i started a calendar quilt last fall, it is half way cut out.