Friday, May 9, 2008

SWANS AND LILACS





HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL MOTHERS IN MY LIFE!

I've been watching a swan sitting on her nest on a pond down the road from our house.  Every time I drive by she is diligently sitting on her nest--cold rainy days, afternoons when the sun is beating down on her.  The nest is HUGE.  It is hard to tell exactly how big because you can only get so close to it, but I would say a good estimate is 6 feet or so across.  Maybe more.  I am looking forward to seeing the cygnets when they arrive!  
Click on any photo to get a better view!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures. They are so calming. You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful place....or you are fortunate that you manage to see the beauty. I'm sure there are some people who don't.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

Annette, I am missing our quilt days. It sounds like all is well at your house.
take care,
Diana