Friday, May 9, 2008

NEW SECTION LEADER

We are really excited around our house that Garrett made the cut at try outs a couple of days ago and he will be one of three clarinet section leaders for marching band this fall.  Taylor, a girl who will be a junior next year, and Garrett's friend Rodan, who will be a senior like Garrett, are his fellow section leaders.  We are really excited about all of Mr. D's choices! (Mr. Destefano, our band director).  They will be leading about 30 clarinetists.  

Garrett also was chosen to be on his school newspaper staff, "The Forest Edge", a premier high school newspaper in the state of Michigan!  Looks like Garrett is on his way to an exciting and memorable senior year!  Go Ranger Garrett!   Go Garrett!  Go Garrett!

2 comments:

A mom and her boys! said...

How much fun it looks like Michigan is really the place for you guys. I must admit I love the seasons. And watching as everything changes and grows.

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

I miss the days when Jeremy played in the Chandler band. They were some really fun days. Todd and I used to sit in the stands on Friday nights for our date night. It really gave us something to do. watch the game and then see Jeremy march during half time. It sure does bring good memories. Good Job, Garrett!