DING! DING!My weekend just went from PEACEFUL and RELAXING to:
Tanner is going on a camp out with the scouts tomorrow evening. You would think a 19 yr old Eagle scout could pretty much get himself ready to go on a camp out, but we are talking Tanner here. Got to go buy some pancake mix and I don't know what all else. . . .
I told my Bishop's wife that I would take lunch to a lady in her 90's tomorrow and spend a little time with her . . .
Garrett came home from school today and asked if we can have a pre-prom party at our house. The kids want to get together and play some games before they go to the prom, from about 3:00 p.m. to 6:00p.m. I said, "Sure." Then to double-check, I said, "The prom is next Saturday, right?" No, it is this Saturday. How did I get THAT mixed up? Well, I guess I will have to scratch taking his tux pants in to have them hemmed a little . . . . Got to go get him a flower. (He has to have a flower, right? He isn't taking a date. He is going with about 6 girls. Won't their parents make sure they have flowers? Could somebody please help me, here?)
Garrett's piano teacher got it right tonight. When we told her of his prom plans she said, "If you can't take the girl you want, take 6 girls!"
I have to clean the basement, get some snacks, clean the bathrooms? These are girls coming over, probably should clean the bathrooms . . .
I WAS going to get Garrett a new pair of dress shoes for the prom . . . . that may have to get ditched, too . . . . but I don't think he will want to ditch a hair cut . . . . (remember, Garrett isn't driving yet, either . . . .)
At least now I know what a "trolley" is. Garrett said the other day that he and his friends are going to take a trolley to the prom. I've been thinking trolley, trolley, have I seen a trolley ANYWHERE around here? Where are they going to "catch" this trolley? etc. etc. Then tonight he tells me it is a CAR they are all renting for $20 a piece, like a limo. Ha Ha the joke's on me!
Wish me luck (and sanity) this weekend!
1 comment:
GOOD LUCK! You are so funny Annette. I love the way you write, it is very entertaining and always makes me laugh. I miss you!
Take Care!
Post a Comment