Tuesday, April 15, 2008
In Memory of my Beautiful Friend, Laurie Lay Jan 1959-Jan 2008
Friendship is a God-given blessing.
Laurie and I met when we were about 11 years old. She became a part of my life about the time my dad left my family. Our friendship helped to fill the empty place he left in my heart. Laurie was a true friend. She was always helping me to be a better person, and the way that she did it was by touching my heart with her sweet personality. I shared many special moments with Laurie. One summer when we were in high school she and I went to Spanish camp at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. The camp directors decided to take us on an outing so that we could see some of the beautiful forest area around Athens. We took a bus to some hiking trails. When we got there, Laurie and I realized that we were famished! I think someone was supposed to bring along some snacks and forgot them. I had an apple in my backpack. Laurie was delighted when I told her I had it and that I would share it with her. She and I hiked nearly to the top of a hill, away from everyone else, and we relished every bit of that apple! I have thought of that experience many times. I don't know which was sweeter, the apple or the good feeling I had from sharing and making Laurie feel better. Life is a good gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Annette--You're amazing and your blog is too. Way to go, girl! Keep it up! Hugs! Cousin Tamara
Post a Comment