Tuesday, April 15, 2008


QUILTING FUN
This is my friendship quilt.  It was started in 2006 with four friends I quilted with in Arizona.  We decided to make them for each other.  They all look very different, because each of us chose different colors and themes. Each of us began our own quilt by doing a 16 inch square block, the center of the quilt. Then each gal in turn added a border to each of the 5 quilts.  All of my girl friends have a border done by me somewhere on their quilts.  Right now I am embroidering "Annette's Friendship Quilt 2006" around the middle of my quilt. I also plan to add more flowers and a scalloped edge before finishing the quilt with backing.  You can click on the photo to enlarge, makes it easier to see the details.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It is so cute! Great job.....you are so creative though so I knew it would be fun the read!

A mom and her boys! said...

I love the flowers added to your quilt...it looks awesome!

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

Annette, good for you! I will enjoy to see what you have to say. This is great. I feel this is a good way to connect.
Diana

A mom and her boys! said...

Remember back in AZ I would bring junk food to quilting and say that I was trying to gain weight to be on Biggest Loser...me and my reality shows, and my plan to bring my quilting buddies onto Deal or No Deal. No really I dont want to gain weight, I would really like to lose it, but winter hibernation is tough on me.


Watch Idol, there are 2 great singers that are mormon, Brooke White and David Archuleta....David is expected to win it, Brooke I love her music but she may go home soon.